The oldest and one of the largest state fairs in the United States, The Great New York State Fair offers nearly two weeks of entertainment, music, rides, and exhibits! The fair has been held nearly every year since 1841 and attracts close to 1 million visitors yearly.
The 2018 New York State Fair runs from Wednesday, August 22nd through Labor Day, September 3rd and will showcase thousands of animals, hundreds of commercial attractions, scores of exciting carnival rides by Wade Shows, and dozens of big-name entertainers such as Ludacris, ZZ Top, Hunter Hayes, Counting Crows, and more.
Advance sale ride wristbands, admission tickets, and concert tickets can be purchased online at the New York State Fair’s website. Be sure to check the official website for a complete schedule of events, activities, and discount days.
- Open at 7am and close at 10pm (close at 9pm on Labor Day)
- Midway hours
- Monday – Thursday: 10am – 11pm
- Friday – Sunday: 10am – 12 midnight
- Labor Day: 10am – 9pm
- $10 general admission
- Free for children 12 and under
- Admission is $3 on Thursdays (Aug 23 & Aug 30) and $1 on opening and closing days (Aug 22 & Sept 3)
Event Sites & Contact
Vendor information and forms can be found at the New York State Fair’s vendor page.
- AMF Bowling Co.Bowling and Shoe Rental for Two, Four, or Six at AMF Bowling Co. (Up to 62% Off) Save Now »
- Mary J. Blige & Nas Mary J. Blige and Nas on Saturday, August 31, at 8:00 p.m. Save Now »
- » See more local deals at GROUPON
581 State Fair Blvd Syracuse, NY 13209Get Directions