The Capital Region’s hometown fair features midway rides and games, live music and entertainment, agriculture presentations, exhibits, contests, Blue Ribbon Cooking Center activities, favorite fair food, and a vast array of animals, from the Hollywood Racing Pigs, Dynamo Dogs show, Giraffic Park Petting Zoo and Uncharted Wild exotic reptile demonstrations, to livestock exhibits and shows, horse shows and the Belgian Draft Horse Exhibit.
Entertainment highlights include Circus Hollywood, Master Stage Hypnotist and Magician Michael DeSchalit, Sherman’s Lumberjack Show and Axe Women Loggers of Maine. On Tuesday, enjoy a Meet & Greet with Monster Trucks in the pit at 5 pm, followed by the Monster Truck Freestyle Event at 7 pm and the Kid’s 12-Volt Power Wheels Demolition Derby.
The fair opens daily at 8 am for the livestock shows. Exhibits and vendors open at 11 am.
The Dreamland Amusements midway opens daily at noon and closes at 10 pm Tuesday – Thursday, 11 pm Friday – Saturday and 10 pm Sunday. Kid Zones are available for young children who do not meet the 36-inch minimum height requirement for midway rides.
For more information, call Dreamland Amusements at 866-666-3247 or the Fair Office at 518-861-6671.
- Tuesday – Thursday: 8am – 10pm
- Friday & Saturday: 8am – 11pm
- Sunday: 8am – 10pm
- $17 pay-one-price daily admission (includes rides & entertainment) on Tuesday & Wednesday
- $19 pay-one-price daily admission Thursday – Sunday
- Free admission for children under 36 inches tall (rides excluded)
- Free admission on Wednesday until 6 pm for seniors ages 65 and older, active duty military and veterans, and Grange members, with ID (rides included)
Event Sites & Contact
For vendor inquiries, visit Altamontfair.com or call the Fair Office at (518) 861-6671
129 Grand St, Altamont, NY 12009Get Directions