The oldest and one of the largest state fairs in the United States, The Great New York State Fair offers nearly two weeks of entertainment, music, rides, and exhibits! The fair has been held nearly every year since 1841 and attracts nearly 1 million visitors yearly. This year, the fair kicks off a day earlier on August 23rd and run through Labor Day, September 4th and will showcase thousands of animals, hundreds of commercial attractions, scores of exciting midway rides by Wade Shows, and dozens of big-name entertainers.
- Groupon is currently running a deal on general admission tickets: Two admission tickets are $11 (45% off) and four tickets are $20 (50% off.) Note that children 12 and under are admitted free to the Great New York State Fair. See Groupon for details.
- Preview Day & Summer Send Off “Dollar Day” – August 23rd & Sept 4th: Admission is reduced to $1 both days.
- $3 Thursdays – August 24th & 31st: Admission is reduced to $3 on both days.
- Seniors 60 and over are admitted free on Monday, August 28 and Tuesday, August 29
Pre-sale unlimited ride wristbands are available now through Tuesday, August 23rd. See the pre-sale page for details.
Check the official website for a complete schedule of events and activities.
Admission$10 per person | Children 12 and under are admitted Free
Event Sites & Contact
- Contact #: 315-487-7711 or 800-475-FAIR
- Event Website: Website
- Event Facebook: Facebook
- Event Twitter: Twitter
Vendor information and forms can be found at the New York State Fair’s vendor page.
581 State Fair Blvd Syracuse, NY 13209Get Directions